On 7th June 2013 we will be holding the 3rd Annual CafeSmart event across Australia.
CafeSmart brings together coffee roasters, cafes and coffee drinkers around the country to help people who are homeless. Participating cafes generously donate $1.00 per coffee sold to fund local projects. In 2012 232 Cafes around Australia raised cose to $75,000.
If you are a cafe owner we would love your support. We will encourage our supporters to seek out cafes on the day and its a great way for you to support your local community and connect with your customers. StreetSmart is also teaming up with coffee roasters around Australia who will be supporting cafes through supplying discounted coffee beans on the day. You may even get some help from your milk supplier.
We want our supporters to take a simple action and buy their coffees on the 7th June from participating Cafes and consider matching the $1 from each coffee with their own $1 at the point of purchase, this way we will be able to fund even more projects. "Drink Coffee Do Good" is something we can all do.
“CafeSmart is an up-close-and-meaningful way for cafés and their customers to connect with their local community to help people for whom a latte is a luxury. This initiative is direct and close to home...it has a real impact on people’s lives.” Sarah Wilson, journalist, TV presenter and StreetSmart Ambassador
“Cafes are local community hubs and we are concerned by local issues. StreetSmart tackles homelessness at a local level so we are proud to partner with them.” Salvatore Malatesta, St Ali
StreetSmart calls on Cafes to unite and be a part of CafeSmart 2013
Why sign up your cafe:
- It brings in potential customers to familiarise them with your offering, encouraging repeat business
- your business will be promoted through partner databases, media and PR coverage
- it's local - your donations will support people in need in your suburb or region
- it's a unique activity– something to talk about and connect to with your customers and staff
- what goes around.... comes around - feel the karma!
- StreetSmart will support cafes with a media and PR campaign:
- Website listing, Google Map etc,
- Social Media Campaign to build supporters and community inc. - Twitter, Facebook etc.
- Media support – major newspapers, local papers, radio, bloggers and more...
In venue collateral such as posters/collection box etc will be provided by StreetSmart
Cafes - If you’d like to get involved and make a difference in your local community please sign up online
Sign your Cafe up for CafeSmart | Find a CafeSmart Cafe
or call Adam Robinson 03 9836 1887 / 0488 336419, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We are really excited about helping Cafe Smart spread the word, please take a little time and have a read, help us support this great cause.
We'll be back in touch soon with how we can support you on becoming a CafeSmart Cafe...